A list of things I wish were different about myself:
1. That I were more humble
I annoy myself with my impulse to have last words, and know all the things.
2. That I would be dependable
I was born with an almost complete insensitivity to plans and the importance of being on time.
3. That I could give convincing compliments
I rarely believe anymore I can say something nice and sound sincere, I am much more fluent in sarcasm.
4. That I didn’t have anxiety attacks over unimportant things
Talking to people. Calling customer service. Making eye contact.
5. That I didn’t watch so much t.v.
Always in the background, it has become a dear but obnoxious friend.
6. That I answered the phone more often
Because of #4 I sometimes don’t answer the phone (especially if I haven’t been praying).
7. That I picked up the phone to call more often
I always appreciate the good conversation afterword.
8. That I could get angry (and not sin)
Some people get angry all over the place, other people get angry and don’t know where to put it.
9. That I chose the awkward conversation over the stale relationship
Has to do with #4 and #8.
10. That I not talk about minor successes as though they were conclusions
“Take heed those who stand…”
Just felt like sharing, mostly to help with #1 and unspoken #11 (finishing projects I start)